Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Everything here is Wonderful"

A new LO today! I was looking for inspiration on Pinterest and found this post.
I cut out a 3x4 piece of cardstock and created a sort-of diamond shape which I used to trace out on all the pattern paper. All the pattern paper are from my Studio Calico County Fair kit and glee-club kit. After cutting all the pieces, I laid it all out to see where I wanted to place on the 12x12 cardstock. I even measured out with a ruler and pencil the lines on the cardstock to make sure everything lined up.
After gluing everything down, I just trimmed off the excess paper.
And here is the final product!
To embellish, I misted used a butterfly mask and misted it with some Calico White to add some dimension. I also punched out a heart and misted one of the orange stripe patch with Calico White again. Then I used some AC Thickers for the "e" and "a", Amy Tangerine's Wishing stickers. That's it!
I took this picture the other day while Ethan was lying beside Ari on the couch watching cartoons. He even held hands with her. They were getting along just well...for the moment.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Caperbooklady said...

Love this layout. I also LOVEEEEEE the layout you did with the circles to make a heart. Wondering what size circles you used? I do crafts with 4-H memebers and they would love this one!

jendcnguyen said...

Hi Caperbooklady,

Thanks for loving my layouts. =) The circle punch sizes I used were the EK 1/2" punch and Fiskars large & medium round squeeze punches. Hope that helps! =)