Monday, January 30, 2012

PL 2012: Week 3, Studio Calico CHAllenges & more!

I was up till 4am Saturday night/Sunday morning finishing up my PL Week 3. I kept it more simple and did more journaling this week. I found some stuff to download from the Studio Calico freebie thread where I downloaded that "HOME" print and the "i love you" print. I can't find the link anymore but once I do i'll post it.

Some of my favorite pictures are taken this week. Especially the one of me & Arianna on the second page. That was taken late at night after I got home from work. She just kept making those cute faces so I couldn't resist taking pictures. I finally found that SMASH tape at Michael's and was the perfect accent to those pictures. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
I'm working on just putting the finishing touches on Week 4 so i'll post that tonight or tomorrow. I'm running out of day light to take pictures. In the meantime this week, Studio Calico has a few CHAllenges going on so that totally motivated me to start scrapping some stuff.
First up is my Punch CHAllenge entry:
The challenge was to use 4 or more punches (which I have PLENTY of) on a card and this was the result. Just used scraps of paper I had from old kits and used my ribbon punch, heart punch, circle punch, medium cloud punch & scallop border punch. Quick & easy.

Then I combined a few of the CHAllenges (layering, washi, electric & doily) together into one layout. I Instagram'ed this photo of me & Ethan yesterday. LOVE INSTAGRAM! He came along with me yesterday to do some grocery shopping and was being such a sweet boy all day. No whining or complaining! So we treated ourselves to some Starbucks hot cocoa & my usual cinnamon dolce latte. The actual title was suppose to be 'HOT COCOA AND A LATTE' but I accidently stamped the 'H' after the 'C' that I had no choice but to stamp out CHOCOLATE. Oops. I used the alphabet wooden veneers from the County Fair kit. As well as most of the embellishments are from the County Fair kit and Ringtoss add-on. Some of the pattern paper is from the Handmade kit and the Glee Club kit.
I misted the main pattern paper with Calico white. I found a doily and misted it with Mister Huey's Overdue. I used some of my washi tape (including the SMASH tape) to punch out stars and a heart. The journal card is from Elle's Studio. I really love this layout! I used alot of foam adhesive tape to make things pop up. Love that stuff! Now back to making supper & finishing up PL Week 4!

No comments: