Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pinterest = Inspiration to Create!!

So over the past week I had sneaked some minutes here and there to finish TWO layouts! Amazing for me. LOL. First one up is a Pinterest inspiration. The butterflies, the monochromatic look & feel of it inspired me to create my own twist to this of my Ethan & Arianna.

One of my favorite pictures I took of Ethan & Arianna when we spent a beautiful fall day at Assiniboine Park in the Leo Mol Garden with my mom. I hand-drew the white stitching (since I don't own a sewing machine...yet) and then randomly placed butterflies around the page. This layout literally took me 30 minutes from start to finish. One of my favorite pages I've made so far!

Next one up is another Pinterest inspiration that I had pinned a few months ago. I knew I wanted to create a heart, so I ended up using different circle punches, one of my Studio Calico kits and other random pattern paper I had to create this sweet layout of Arianna.

This page took me awhile to get the heart perfect (enough). It was hard to keep the shape and to glue it down in its spot. I then added butterfly chipboards randomly to the circles to make it more girly! I love the colors on this layout! The journaling reads:

"You will always be my sweet baby girl! I love how adorable & innocent you are. How you smile & always want me to carry you and hug/kiss you and sleep right next to me. I'll cherish these sweet, fleeting days. Love, Mommy."

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to take pictures of my Vancouver/Seattle mini-album that i've been working on awhile and post it up tomorrow. It was a 5 day whirlwind summer trip that is taking me a really LONG TIME to finish. I also am starting my December Daily 2011 album tonight. Trying to use up all my Christmas stash i've hoarded for the past 3 years. I don't want to buy anything new for it. But I really have to get it started before we leave in 2 weeks! Here's my DD of 2010, 2009. I also have a DD 2008 but never took pictures of it. Maybe one day i'll post it up too. And my DD 2009 was pre-finished pages. LOL. I really need to catch up on things!! =D

No comments: