Saturday, July 23, 2011

The middle of Summer

Wow. It's been almost a full month since I last blogged. We came & went - from Vancouver & Seattle to home. That was such a fun trip. I LOVE Vancouver but loved Seattle more because of the family we have there. Ethan & Arianna met their great-grandmother; and they're her very first great-grandchildren. It was wonderful. It was a whirlwind of a vacation packing so much in 1.5 days in Vancouver & 3 days in Seattle. At least it was only a 2 1/2 hour drive & not boring at all (from Vancouver to Seattle).
In Vancouver we had some delicious sushi at Shota Grill, headed to the Richmond Night Market, visited and enjoyed the Vancouver Aquarium. In Seattle, we had dinners with family, some shopping, visited Pike Place Market (LOVE IT!), saw the amazing view at Gasworks/Lake Union (on the 4th of July), went boating on Lake Washington, visited the Space Needle and did a 12-egg omlette challenge at Beth's Cafe.I'll post some pictures when I get started on the album.

Since being back, we've been enjoying the heat wave. I bought E&A a Spiderman slip-n-slide. LOL. I had the original back in the early 90s. We're just enjoying the sunshine and spending time together.
I'm heading back to work in ELEVEN days. Not looking forward to it. Well, I am because i'm making money again but not because I'm not going to be home with my kids as much. I know everyone at work is excited for me to come back. I had a visit at work with my amazing friend, Brittany, who use to be my partner and other evening CRN. She's home for the month before heading back to L.A.
In the meantime, i've tried to catch up on my Studio Calico kits and made some layouts. I still have to catch up on my Spring/Summer mini album and make our Seattle/Vancouver album. I'm also going to join in on Week in the Life starting Monday with Ali Edwards so it's going to be quite a creative week before I head back to work.



Alright, better get on everything I want to do! =)

No comments: